Yutaka Izubuchi (出渕 裕 Izubuchi Yutaka?, born August 12, 1958 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese anime designer and director. Izubuchi is credited for designing costumes, characters and creatures, but most of his designs are mechanical (both robots and other vehicles). He created and directed the RahXephon series and also created a manga story called Rune Masquer.
The ADV Films promotional materials for RahXephon and some reviews note that Gasaraki is an Izubuchi credit, but although he did mecha design on that show he was not responsible for writing or directing.
Izubuchi designed the costume for one of the characters of the Cutie Honey live action movie (2004), directed by Hideaki Anno of Neon Genesis Evangelion fame; earlier, Anno and Izubuchi (called "Bu-chan" by Anno) both had their mecha designs appear on Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack (1988).
Izubuchi is the creative producer of Tetsuwan Birdy: Decode (2008).
Notes and references
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.
- Broestl, Sean (2006). "Anime Expo 2006 - Yutaka Izubuchi Focus Panel". Anime News Network. Retrieved 11 July 2006.
- "Anticipation continues to build for release of RahXephon 1: Threshold". ADV Films. 2003-03-20. Archived from the original on 2006-03-25. Retrieved 2006-08-07.
- Solomon, Charles. "RahXephon - Threshold (Vol. 1): Editorial Reviews". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2006-10-12.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yutaka Izubuchi.|
- Yutaka Izubuchi at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- Template:Title without disambig at the Internet Movie Database