Yamato 2520 (YAMATO2520 Yamato Nī Gō Nī Zero?) was Yoshinobu Nishizaki attempt at a sequel to Space Battleship Yamato set several hundred years in the future after the original show. However, Yoshinobu Nishizaki was sued by Leiji Matsumoto for breach of copyright.
Syd Mead was appointed the new Yamato designer. From the first Yamato era, in outer space, a little more than 300 years later, venture of the young people was drawn in the stage. The first Yamato (space battleship Yamato) succeeding world view, it enters, but in the Space Battleship Yamato series interstellar national power outside the earth which begins the Gamirasu empire which adapts altogether does not appear, only opposition of terrestrial federation and the Seiren Federation which together designate Earth as the beginning is drawn. 7 or 9 volumes were planned, but it was sold to only 3 volumes by the bankruptcy of the production company.
In the year 2520 of the Yamato Star Calendars, the Milky Way Hundred Year War concluded, with fights between the Terrestrial Federation and Seiren Federation ending. 17 years later, the planetary phosphorus boss of the M27 globular cluster located to the boundary line of both camps. The young people who have made the living which under the military government of Seiren, are oppressed. The space battleship which has fallen in a suburb (17th generation space battleship YAMATO) discovers the data disk, builds a 18th generation YAMATO in the dry dock of the automatic factory which is left on the basis of the design figure. But, there is also information regarding the super ancient civilization which has become cause of Milky Way 100 Year War on that data disk, and Terrestrial Federation and Seiren Federation again begin war based on that information.
- Yôko Asagami Amethis
- Fûrin Cha Jog
- Isshin Chiba Gemushi / Dog
- Shigeru Chiba Speed
- Taichirô Hirokawa Narrator
- Kenyû Horiuchi Emilio
- Masatô Ibu Brône
- Kôji Ishii Moai
- Tomo Sakurai Marcie
- Hideyuki Umezu Packard
- Ken Yamaguchi Tonbe
- Konami Yoshida Sâsha
- Hiro Yuuki Konman
- Vol.1 明日への希望 BES-1123 1995.02.21 ￥9800 BELL-732 1995.03.25 9800
- Vol.2 YAMATO発進!! BES-1124 1995.12.18 ￥9800 BELL-733 1995.12.18 ￥9800
- Vol.3 戦闘 BES-1125 1996.08.25 ￥9800 BELL-734 1996.08.25 ￥9800
- "宇宙戦艦ヤマト事件判決". law.co.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- "Syd Mead Futurist:Anime". The Official Syd Mead website. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- "RISING UP TO FIGHT AGAIN: The Yamato Sequels". Star Blazers. Retrieved 2008-07-20.
- "The Rise and Fall of Yamato 2520, Part 1". StarBlazers.com. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "The Rise and Fall of Yamato 2520, Part 2". StarBlazers.com. Retrieved 2009-09-01.
- "Roots of Rebirth". Star Blazers. Retrieved 2008-07-20.