Usamaru Furuya (古屋兎丸 Furuya Usamaru?, born January 25, 1968 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese manga artist. He graduated from Tama Art University where he majored in oil painting and developed an interest in sculpting and Butoh dance.
During elementary school, Furuya enrolled in the Osamu Tezuka Manga Correspondence Course and by the time he reached high school he had discovered a darker, more underground style. During college his work evolved from figurative to eventually dealing more with abstract shapes. In 1994 Furuya published his debut series Palepoli in Garo. After graduating from college, he initially planned to work as a full-time artist while doing illustrations on the side, but his manga became successful and his career blossomed.
- Palepoli (パレポリ?)
- Short Cuts (ショートカッツ?)
- Wsamarus 2001
- Marie no Kanaderu Ongaku (Marieの奏でる音楽?)
- Suicide Circle (自殺サークル?)
- Donki Kōrin (鈍器降臨?)
- π (パイ?)
- Happiness (ハピネス?)
- Lychee☆Hikari Club (ライチ☆光クラブ?) (written by: Norimizu Ameya)
- Shōnen Shōjo Hyōryōki (少年少女漂流記?)
- Kanojo wo Mamoru 51 no Hōhō (彼女を守る51の方法?)
- Innosen Shōnen Jūjigun (インノサン少年十字軍?)
- Genkaku Picasso (幻覚ピカソ?)
- Ningen Shikkaku (人間失格?) (written by : Osamu Dazai)
- ZOO (Screen Play, Storyboards, Character Designs)
- Noriko no Shokutaku Shutsuen (紀子の食卓出演?) (Man in Coffee Shop)
- Ichiban Kirei na Mizu (いちばんきれいな水?) (Original Work)
- Short Cuts (ショートカッツ?) (Original Work)
- "Usamaru Furuya". Lambiek.net. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- (Japanese) Usagi Hitori Club (Usamaru Furuya's Blog)
- (English) Usamaru Furuya Unofficial Web Site, Tokyo
|40x40px||This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|