Sexy Voice and Robo (セクシーボイスアンドロボ?) is a seinen manga by Iou Kuroda. It was originally serialized in the semi-alternative manga magazine Ikki between 2000 and 2003, and has also been published worldwide, including in North America by Viz Media and Spain by Ponent Mon. In 2007, it was adapted into a live action Japanese television drama, which aired every Tuesday on Nippon Television between April and June 2007, spanning a total of 11 episodes. The manga won an Excellence Prize at the 2002 Japan Media Arts Festival, and has received critical acclaim around the world.
Sexy Voice and Robo is currently unfinished. On his blog, Kuroda states that he intends to write more some day, but is too busy. 
The story is about the adventures of a 14 year old girl named Nico Hayashi (林二湖 Hayashi Niko?) who uses her talents of changing and altering her voice to manipulate men over the phone who want to participate in Enjo kōsai. Through this she learns a lot about human nature, and gains a keen understanding of people through their voices. An aging gangster notices her talents and decides to hire her to solve various cases. While Nico is on her first case, she meets with a geeky man named Iichiro Sudo (須藤威一郎 Sudō Iichirō?), who has an obsession with robot toy models. This obsession that leads Nico to call him "Robo", and the two become an unlikely team. After completing her first case Nico proclaims herself "Sexy Voice" and a variety of short loosely linked character-driven adventures ensue.
On January 24, 2007, it was announced that Sexy Voice and Robo would be turned into a live action TV drama, featuring Kenichi Matsuyama and Suzuka Ohgo.
- Ken'ichi Matsuyama as Iichiro Sudo (Robo)
- Suzuka Ohgo as Niko Hayashi
- Eri Murakawa (村川絵梨 Murakawa Eri?) as Kazumi Hayashi
- Yoshinori Okada (岡田義徳 Okada Yoshinori?) as Hideyoshi Nanashi
- Ruriko Asaoka as Maki Makyouna
- Shin'ya Tsukamoto as Takeo Hayashi
- Hairi Katagiri (片桐はいり Katagiri Hairi?) as Yukie Hayashi
- Shido Nakamura as Mikkabōzu (ep1&ep11)
- Jun Murakami as Gotō (ep2)
- Yuu Kashii as Tsukiko Yamano (ep3)
- Miwako Ichikawa as Yoshiko Usami (ep4)
- Tomoka Kurokawa (黒川智花) as Rei (ep5)
- Noriko Iriyama (入山法子) as Mika (ep5)
- Riisa Naka (仲里依紗) as Eri (ep5)
- Horan Chiaki (ホラン千秋) as Yumiko (ep 5)
- Yukina Takase (高瀬友規奈) as Tomoe (ep5)
- Haruka Kinami (木南晴夏) as Manami (ep5)
- Ryō as ZI (ep6)
- Kayoko Shiraishi (白石加代子) as Robo's mother (ep6)
- Shigemitsu Ogi (小木茂光) as Manabu (ep6)
- Moro Morooka (モロ師岡) as Hanbāgu (ep7)
- Satomi Kobayashi as Teruko (eps 8-9)
- Masako Motai (もたいまさこ) as Megumi (eps 8-9)
- Rie Tomosaka as Emiri (eps 8-9)
- Eisuke Sasai (篠井英介) as Kōn Shinoda (ep10)
"TV Drama Official Website". NTV. Retrieved 2007-03-30. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "" defined multiple times with different content
- "2002年 文化庁メディア芸術祭 マンガ部門 大賞 セクシーボイス アンド ロボ". Retrieved 2009-02-27. Text " 文化庁メディア芸術プラザ" ignored (help)
- "第10回文化庁メディア芸術祭特設ブログ: セクシーボイス アンド ロボがドラマ化". Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "登竜門 /今週のイチオシ！コンペニュース /平成14年度［第6回］文化庁メディア芸術祭". Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "平成１４年度（第６回）文化庁メディア芸術祭賞の決定について". Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "セクシーボイスアンドロボ". Hate na Diary. Retrieved 2009-02-27.