Script error: No such module "Italic title".
Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror (ホッタラケの島 〜遥と魔法の鏡〜 Hottarake no Shima: Haruka to Mahō no Kagami?) is a 2009 Japanese CG animated film directed by Shinsuke Sato. It was nominated for the award for Excellent Animation of the Year at the 33rd Japan Academy Prize.
Haruka lost her mother at a young age. While her mother was still alive, she received a hand mirror from her. After her mother's death, she forgot about the mirror and eventually lost it. One day, she decides to go to a local shrine and pray for the hand mirror to be returned to her. It is there that she accidentally encounters a small masked creature which she secretly follows to the land of forgotten items.
Cast & Staff
- Haruka - Haruka Ayase
- Sixteen-year-old Haruka has a strained relation with her struggling father after her mother's death. One day she remembers the hand mirror she got from her mother, and believes that finding it can connect her to her memories.
- Teo - Miyuki Sawashiro
- A resident of Oblivion Island endowed only with minimal power, he is one of the collectors who gather items that people have lost or forgotten for their city.
- Cotton - Tamaki Matsumoto
- A stuffed sheep toy that used to belong to Haruka.
- Baron - Iemasa Kayumi
- Ambitious and pompous, Baron is the de-facto ruler of the Oblivion Island who cherishes long-reaching, convoluted plans.
- Haruka's mother - Naho Toda
- Haruka's father - Tomo Omori
- Director: Shinsuke Sato
- Screenplay: Hirotaka Adachi and Shinsuke Sato
- Music: Tadashi Ueda
- Character Design: Ren Ishimori and Ryō Hirata
- Art Director: Masanobu Nomura
- Sound Director: Takashi Ui
- Cgi Director: Takashi Nagasaki
- Executive producer: Chihiro Kameyama and Mitsuhisa Ishikawa
- Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror at the Internet Movie Database
|40x40px||This anime/manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|