Masaaki Yuasa (湯浅 政明 Yuasa Masaaki?) is an anime television and film director, screenwriter, storyboard artist and animator knownTemplate:Whom for his wild free form style. He was born on March 16, 1965 in Fukuoka, Japan. His most recent works as of August 2010 are the television series The Tatami Galaxy and the opening title sequence of the feature film Welcome to the Space Show.
For a presentation in February 2009 on the eve of that years Image par image animation festival in Val-d'Oise, France, for which he also illustrated the poster, Yuasa selected and commented on some examples of animated works that have been an influence on his. These were a film by Tex Avery, another by Ladislas Starevich, extracts from Yellow Submarine, Fantastic Planet, The Fox and the Hound, The Wrong Trousers, a Batman pilot from Lightbox Animation, the 1971 Tōei Dōga film Ali Baba to 40-ppiki no Tōzoku a Masaaki Ōsumi-directed episode of the first Lupin III television series and part 4 of The Hakkenden: Shinshō and the Tiger Mask and Mrs. Pepper Pot opening and ending titles respectively.
- Chibi Maruko-chan (1990) – OP and ED animation (first season)
- Crayon Shin-chan (1992) – OP animation (fifth and sixth seasons) and ED animation (third and fourth seasons), animation director on episodes 48, 126, 260, 291 and specials
- The Hakkenden (1994) – Animation director on episode 10, "Hamaji's Resurrection" (浜路再臨)
- Noiseman Sound Insect (1997) – Animation direction, character design, layout
- Vampiyan Kids pilot film (1999) – Director, storyboard, layout
- My Neighbours the Yamadas (1999) – Key animation
- Cat Soup (2003) – Animation producer, screenplay, planning
- Mind Game (2004) – Director, screenplay
- Samurai Champloo (2004) – Key animation on episode 9
- Kemonozume (2006) – Series director and composition; episode screenplays, storyboards, direction and key animation
- Genius Party (2008) – Director on "Happy Machine" segment
- Kaiba (2008) – Series director and creator; episode screenplays, storyboards and direction
- Welcome to the Space Show – Opening titles
- The Tatami Galaxy (2010) – Series director and screenplay; episode storyboards and direction
- Wakfu (2010) – Character design for "Noximilien" special episode
- Tsuka (1 November 2008). "[Event] Yuasa en france : infos++" (in French). Catsuka. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- Complete 1990–2005 filmography at Pelleas.net
- Yuasa at Anime News Network
- Interview with Yuasa's about Mind Game
- Yojō-Han Shinwa Taikei official Web site (Japanese)
|40x37px||This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|