Kaoru Mori (森薫 Mori Kaoru?, born 18 September 1978) is a Japanese manga artist from Tokyo. She is the creator of popular manga such as Shirley, and Emma. Her work is typically set in Britain, and centers on characters who are maids. She also writes dōjinshi under the penname Fumio Agata (県 文緒?).
Mori is not only famous for her storytelling and art, she is also famous for her unflattering self-portraits, usually an outline for a body, and a head with wild hair. She is also shy of making public appearances or giving interviews in person.
It has been announced that the author will be publishing a two-installment spinoff of Shirley in Fellows!, where her latest work Otoyomegatari is also being serialized.
- Emma (エマ Ema?) - 10 volumes in total
- Shirley (シャーリー Shārī?) - ISBN 4-7577-1313-4, Release date: February 2003
- Otoyomegatari (乙嫁語り?) - Serializing in Enterbrain's bimonthly manga magazine Fellows! since October 2008.
- Violet Blossoms (すみれの花 Sumire no Hana?) - Art; story by Satoshi Fukushima.
- Chih-Chieh Chang (2006-09-01). "Interview: Kaoru Mori". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2007-12-30.
- "Emma's Mori Draws Shirley Spinoff, Satoshi Fukushima to Start Series". Anime News Network. Fevruary 16, 2010. Retrieved Fevruary 16, 2010. Check date values in:
- "2005年 文化庁メディア芸術祭 マンガ部門" (in Japanese). Japan Media Arts Plaza. Retrieved October 19, 2009.
- Official blog (Japanese)
- Interview with Kaoru Mori
- Comic Natalie Power Push - Otoyomegatari (Japanese)
|40x40px||This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
ko:모리 가오루 ru:Мори, Каору sv:Kaoru Mori zh:森薰