Cooking Papa (クッキングパパ Kukkingu Papa?) is an ongoing seinen slice of life manga series written and illustrated by Tochi Ueyama. The series has been serialized in the manga anthology Weekly Morning since 1984. Kodansha collects individual chapters into tankōbon volumes, with the first one published on January 18, 1986, and 110 volumes total as of May 26, 2010[update], making it the fourth-longest manga series by number of volumes. Full recipes for the dishes featured in each chapter are provided at the end of the chapter. The story revolves around a salaryman who can cook well.
The series has been adapted into a 151-episode anime television series of the same name by Eiken and directed by Toshitaka Tsunoda. The anime series was originally broadcast in Japan on TV Asahi between April 1992 and May 1995, and has also been aired in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- "Tomomitsu Yamaguchi becomes "Cooking Papa"". Tokyograph. June 5, 2008. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- "クッキングパパ(1)" [Cooking Papa (1)] (in Japanese). Kodansha. Retrieved June 24, 2009.
- "クッキングパパ(110) うえやまとち" [Cooking Papa (110) Tochi Ueyama] (in Japanese). Kodansha. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- Corkill, Edan (March 20, 2009). "Manga's reach is long". The Japan Times Online. Archived from the original on September 4, 2012. Retrieved July 9, 2009.
- Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Citation/CS1/Suggestions' not found.
- Cooking Papa official site at Weekly Morning (Japanese)
- Cooking Papa (manga) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
|40x40px||This anime/manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|