Renzoku Terebi Shōsetsu (連続テレビ小説?, "a serial TV novel") also known as an Asadora (朝ドラ?, "Morning Drama") is a serialized television series broadcast by NHK in the mornings in Japan. The asadora started in 1961 with the black-and-white Musume to Watashi (娘と私), starring Takeshi Kitazawa. Today, it airs in Japan Monday through Saturday morning from 8:15 to 8:30, with a rebroadcast the same day from 12:45 to 13:00.
- Wel-kame (ウェルかめ?) (2009-2010), depicting a girl from Minami-cho, Tokushima who was affected by little sea turtles when she was in elementary school, and how she became and editor after 11 years trying to figure out her dreams while encountering many failures in work and personal life.
- Gegege no Nyobo (ゲゲゲの女房?) (2010), about manga artist Shigeru Mizuki and his wife.
- Tsubasa (つばさ?) (2009), depicting a family that owns a Japanese confectionery store, lead character named Tsubasa.
- Dandan (だんだん?) (2008), starring identical twins Mana and Kana Mikura (of Futarikko fame.)
- Hitomi (瞳) (2008), starring Nana Eikura.
- Chiritotechin (ちりとてちん) (2007–2008), starring Shihori Kanjiya. The storyline focuses on the art of rakugo.
- Dondo Hare (Perfect Blue Sky) (どんど晴れ) (2007). Stars Manami Higa as the heroine. Originally written by Eriko Komatsu, this series takes place in Morioka, Iwate Prefecture.
- Imo Tako Nankin (芋たこなんきん) (2006–2007), Naomi Fujiyama plays the heroine role of Machiko Hanaoka, a 37-year old woman who dreams of becoming a novelist. She marries into an extended family. Events take place in the city of Osaka.
- Junjō Kirari (純情きらり) (2006), Aoi Miyazaki plays the heroine role of Sakurako, whose dream is to become a jazz pianist. Events take place in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture.
- Kaze no Haruka (風のハルカ) (2005–2006), Eri Murakawa plays the heroine role of 19-year old Haruka Mizuno. Haruka was brought up in the town of Yufuin, Ōita Prefecture, with her father and younger sister. When she was 10 years old, her parents divorced, leaving her in Yufuin while her mother stayed in Osaka.
- Fight (ファイト) (2005), Yuika Motokariya stars as 15-year old Kido Yū, living with her family in Takasaki, Gunma Prefecture. Yū faces tough times, and relies on the friendship of a horse to keep her spirits up.
- Oshin (おしん) (1983-1984), starring Ayako Kobayashi, Yūko Tanaka, and Nobuko Otowa – all playing the role of Oshin during various periods of her life.
- NHK Information - Comment from the Top. Japan Broadcasting Corporation. Accessed April 3, 2008.
- NHK Information - Comment from the Top: Summary of Press Conference (October, 2007). Japan Broadcasting Corporation. Accessed April 3, 2008,